We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and caring environment for our children, their families, and our community.
Sweet Pea Montessori’s Values
- We acknowledge and honor parents as the primary educators of their children, and we seek to collaborate with families to help the child reach their full potential.
- We believe in the power of the Montessori classroom, the self-directed child and the guide to reveal the true power of the child’s learning.
- We believe in having a diverse and equitable classroom and school that reflects our world at large. We believe through inclusion and justice all participants gain more and learn more in a peaceful community.
- We believe that every child deserves a quality Montessori classroom and we will work with families to make the school accessible and affordable.
- We believe in the power of nature to engage the child and will provide ways for the child to interact with the natural world in a beautiful space.
- We believe in a collaborative connected administrative school structure of teacher leaders making positive decisions for the school. We appreciate being a part of a larger network of schools with similar values and vision.
- We believe in organic growth in our school and in our practice.
Sweet Pea Montessori’s Programs
Nido – 6 weeks-15 months
In this small community of 6-8 infants, Montessori trained caregivers gently guide the children in their physical, social, emotional, and cognitive development. Our Nido is designed with space for infants to move their bodies, specially created developmental materials for developing fine and gross motor skills and concentration, language materials, and furniture the perfect size for their small bodies. The adults in the Nido spend one-on-one time with each child, talking with them, getting to know each one’s uniqueness, and providing learning experiences for them based on their needs and interests. Infants are supported as they become more and more independent, learning how to talk, walk, dress, use the bathroom, and interact with other children.
Toddler Community – 16 months-36 months
The Toddler Community is a joyful community of 10-12 toddlers, a Montessori guide and assistants. Each day is filled with wonder and learning. The Toddler Community provides children with the support and tools they need to continue their growth in independence. Younger toddlers look to older ones and older toddler find joy in helping the younger ones. Whether learning a new word, spreading cheese on crackers, painting a picture, or using the toilet, all the children gain great self-esteem in their accomplishments. The adults carefully guide the children through group and individual lessons, allowing the children to explore their interests and supporting them through challenges.
Parent-Child Classes – birth-3 years
Parent-Child Class are an 8-week series for infants, toddler, and their parents or other caregivers. This is great for families that want to learn how to “do Montessori” at home. Learn about how to set up your home and encourage your child to gradually grow more independent in eating, sleeping, toileting and so much more. This class is suitable for any level of Montessori experience and for all families whether or not they are enrolled at the school.
|For the Children
||For the Adults
Sweet Pea Montessori is a 501c3 nonprofit, which does not discriminate on the basis of: race, color, culture, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation/affectional preference, disability, age, pregnancy, marital status, family structure, economic status, veteran status, status with regard to public assistance or genetic information in its employment, programs, and activities.